About Roseman Labs
Roseman Labs was founded in 2020 with the ambition to enable data collaboration without compromising data privacy and confidentiality. Roseman Labs develops privacy technology based on secure multi-party computation (MPC). Roseman Labs' flagship product is the Virtual Data Lake (VDL). Roseman Labs VDL is already deployed in production and pre-production projects, among others in Health Care, Law enforcement, Financial services and the Energy sector, in all cases dealing with a need to analyze data while protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the input data.
The VDL enables parties to link and analyze data sources without parties having access to each other's underlying data. Making data available, and linking and analyzing data, is easy to do, without prior cryptographic knowledge. In this way, Roseman Labs makes MPC accessible for a wide range of applications.
Despite its young history, Roseman Labs is growing rapidly. The team today has 15 employees and will grow to 20 professionals in 2022. The Roseman Labs team combines expertise in three key areas:
- Cryptography: A team of currently six cryptographers, specialized in various aspects of MPC technology. This team enables a multitude of analyses and edits in MPC, whereby the processing speed also withstands large amounts of data.
- Product & DevOps: An experienced Product team makes MPC accessible and user-friendly in the Virtual Data Lake product. The DevOps team supports fast and streamlined implementation with attention to customer-specific infrastructure and security standards.
- Strategy and legal: A team of senior business consultants (former BCG) helps clients design and implement strategic data partnerships. This team also enables clients to benefit from rapidly growing experience in legal and privacy-related facilities required for collaboration through MPC.
The founders team reflects this diversity in skills:
- Niek Bouman: Prior to founding Roseman Labs Niek had an academic career in cryptography, MPC and the intersection of machine learning and MPC. He is the main architect behind Roseman Labs’ Cranmera privacy engine, the cryptographic core of the VDL. Niek also worked as a cryptographer in the AML department of ABN AMRO for a short period of time. Niek is currently the CTO of Roseman Labs.
- Toon Segers: After studying mathematics Toon started his career at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) where he was active in health care and public sector. After 10 years he moved to Deloitte where he led their cyber security practice. Today Toon is the Customer Success Manager of Roseman Labs and also doing a part-time PhD in cryptography.
- Roderick Rodenburg: Roderick studied Mechanical engineering and started his career at Unilever in supply chain and operational management roles. After 10 years he founded his first company focused on data collaboration in the transport and logistics space. Today Roderick is the CEO of Roseman Labs.
Specific expertise on banking comes from Ian Wachters, initially an advisory board member, but today active as the commercial officer of Roseman Labs. He worked 20+ years for Boston Consulting Group mostly serving banks and insurance companies across Europe on a variety of big data related topics. Contact us